I have to admit, every time I encounter unfortunate events, I always look for a solution for that. I called my best friend to do some counseling for me and often times, I ask Google the step-by-step solution for my problem.
Recently, I am starting to question myself. What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I always experience several failed and broken friendships from other people?
It frustrates me. Why?
Simply because I was attached to them and my whole system can’t accept the mere fact that I have loved and cared for the wrong people, persons who weren’t deserving.
As I searched for random things, I have found an article which really didn’t give a solution for my problem but somehow, it made me realize the real thing happening around my chaotic environment.
It was entitled “25 signs someone is a real, true friend” by Christopher Hudspeth.
It was ironic, you know. 🙂 it is like God is giving me the perfect sign at the perfect time to wake up from my dreams and illusions and face the reality.
And it goes like this…
1. They don’t make you feel like a horrible person for passing on invitations because you have to do things important to your education, career or the betterment of yourself in general.
* Minsan nga, may nagsabi pa sa akin na sana sumama ako sa kanila eh hindi naman sila nag-invite.
2. You feel comfortable enough at their place to raid the refrigerator or go number two in their bathroom – probably in that order.
* I’ve been in their houses but I am not comfortable at their place kasi hindi naman palagi nandun ako at nag-aaya sila ng hang-out sa place nila.
3. You’ve discussed and agreed that hypothetically, if one of you were to get bit by a zombie, you’d hold off on killing each other until you actually began turning into a member of the walking dead.
* Masyadong malaman itong number 3. May humor ng kaunti pero ang ibig sabihin nito ay totoong kaibigan ang isang tao kapag nagawa nilang mag-sakripisyo kasabay ng sakripisyong ginagawa mo.
4. They’ve answered a call you made between the hours of 2-6am groggy and disoriented, but prepared to listen to or meet you for help with your emergency.
* Kahit emergency na, walang gagawa ng ganyan sa akin maliban sa best friend ko. Kasi sasabihan nila ako na istorbo ako sa mga tulog nila at pwede namang ipagpabukas yan. Minsan nga, kahit sobrang urgent na urgent na yung topic, tinawagan mo na at tinadtad mo na ng text, hindi ka pa rin sasagutin. Pero may time sila para sa boyfriends nila to text and call ah. 🙂 And they will just give a lame excuse.
5. Much like with family members, you can go extended stretches of weeks or months without talking and hanging out consistently, yet there’s no doubts about your relationship. Schedules get busy, circumstances arise, but your friendship remains fully intact.
* There are now doubts and it wasn’t intact anymore.
6. They’ve helped you move. (If they help you move during the summer, they’re the realest friend, and you better buy them some type of friendship ring or at least the 2 for $20 at Chili’s.)
* No one dared to help me in such things like that.
7. If you throw a huge party that results in your place being trashed, look around at cleanup time. Anyone so much as stacking red SOLO cups or pouring out half-drunken beers is worthy of considering a friend.
* Ako nga nag-throw ako ng party para sa kanila kasi 18th birthday ko yun. I want to keep it memorable with them kasi sila yung tinuturing kong friends sa schools but it ended up na walang pumunta. It was the worst and epic birthday I have experienced in my entire life. Plus the fact, it was my 18th birthday.
8. Any little favors they’ve done for you in the past aren’t kept on track of, and vice versa.
* Hindi naman sa nililista ko ang mga ginagawa ko sa kanila. Pero minsan, kailangan yun gawin para kahit papaano naman eh, ma-acknowledge nila ang mga bagay-bagay. Some people were just only taking for granted.
9. All of your posts on social networks are guaranteed a comment, like, favorite, or SOME TYPE OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT from your friend. It may sound stupid, but in this day and age, you can’t leave a pal’s post response-less – not even the 47th picture of their nephew or their 4th selfie of the day.
* It’s highly appreciated that my best friend always follow me in social media sites. She is my follower and she has always the notifications about my posts, status and such. She always liked my posts that is a sign of acknowledgment from her. She is the only person who does it.
10. If someone slings their name through the mud, you take offense, interrupt and kill any bashing immediately – and they’ll do the exact same for you.
* Ehhhh, parang ako. 😀 Ako, pinagtatanggol ko sila kapag may bashers sila pero sila, di nila nagagawa yun kase ang katwiran nila sa buhay nila ay ayaw nilang madamay sa gulo.
11. They are sincerely happy to see you have any type of success. Not the lying-through-my-teeth fake smile and bogus “Screw you, why not me? Ohhhh, well good for you!” – but legitimate excitement and congratulations.
* Sometimes, I felt like they have an ill-feeling to my works ans when they commented on it, they sounded sarcastic.
12. If you’re being an a-hole, they’ll make you aware of it to your face.
13. You don’t constantly find yourself scolding them for putting unflattering photos of you online, because they know better than to post an eyes closed, unprepared, bad candid snapshot of you.
14. When a friend knows painful information (e.g. your crush hates the way your face looks), they’ll tell you. Maybe slightly modified to soften the blow, but they won’t leave you in the dark with false hopes, or headed down a disastrous path.
15. Your interaction naturally begins and ends with casual insults the majority of the time.
16. Even when involved in relationships, they don’t fall off the grid or blow your friendship off entirely. Yes, new love commands a lot of attention but don’t pull an Andy from Toy Story and just straight up neglect your clique.
17. When you stop to tie your shoe, they actually wait for you to finish as opposed to leaving you in the dust. Or they keep walking and openly vocalize and laugh at the fact that you’re being left behind.
18. They’ve taken the dreadful, guaranteed to cause massive drama step of informing you that you’re being cheated on.
19. Rarely do you discover anything about what’s going on with them on social networks. You don’t need Facebook to tell you it’s their birthday, or Instagram to see who they were with and where they went last night.
20. They don’t let you do anything stupid – at least not by yourself. If you wind up hammered, singing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song solo on karaoke night, reevaluate the friendships of everyone you were with that night. Someone should’ve intervened or started to sing.
21. You’ve borrowed each other’s stuff that normal acquaintances probably wouldn’t share. Cars, spare rooms, expensive electronics, etc.
22. They’ve dropped you off at or picked you up from the airport. This is especially meaningful if you have something like a 5am flight.
23. You’ve changed the music playing on their radio or iPod and lived to tell about it.
24. During the lowest of lows, they don’t give up on you even if you’ve given up on yourself.
25. There are silences, but they don’t feel the least bit uncomfortable or awkward. If you can sit down and shut up with a person, never feeling obligated to fill that hushed void, you’ve got a special connection.
Sorry for this lame post. My mind was not that WELL-ORDERED.
I can’t continue my explanations for some reasons. Mahirap na eh. Baka issue pa. 🙂
#true #bestfriend #BFF #fakefriends #takenforgranted #reality #friendship